WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (Spring/Summer 2020)
1. Choose A Class
WSET LEVEL 3 AWARD IN WINES
Recommended Course Prerequisites: Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or equivalent
* This pricing includes your WSET Advanced Textbook & Study Pack (Includes Key Fact Sheets, Maps, Self Checks and Practice Exams with Answer Keys, Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine, Tasting Notes etc.
Student's own 6x ISO glasses, may be separately purchased from PICA ($45 + GST/PST)
MONDAY EVENINGS (17 WEEKS)
MARCH 2, 9, 16 23, 30 APRIL 6, 20, 27 (NO classes on Easter Monday) MAY 4, 11, 25 JUNE 1, 8, 15, 29 (NO class on the 22nd) JULY 6 (Review) 13 (Exam Date)
6:00PM - 9:00PM
What You'll Learn:
- A thorough understanding of the principal wines and spirits of the world and their commercial importance in the world’s market.
- The in-depth product knowledge required to underpin job skills required for product selection in the hospitality and retail sectors.
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal wines and give information on the key factors influencing style, quality and value.
- Ability to apply the principles of food and wine matching to the key styles of wine available.
- Ability to use the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting to produce tasting notes that will allow the identification of style, quality and price band of wines and spirits.
- Knowledge to provide advice on the correct storage and service of wine and spirits.
Student Evaluation: The final examination is The Wine and Spirit Education Trust Advanced Certificate and consists of 50 multiple choice questions; 4 written short- answer questions and a blind tasting of two wines.
Each class is enhanced with a tasting that includes the benchmark wines discussed in the lecture